• The best place for Minnesota Mix Martial Arts news!
  • It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:31 pm
www.mnmmanews.com

Top 5 Camps in MN

Everything you ever wanted to know about Mixed Martial Arts in Minnesota...

Top 5 Camps in MN

Postby Primetime » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:57 am

not sure if one of these have been done before but its no mistake when it shows the guys that are at the top gyms are the guys that make it

1. Academy
2. Mario Roberto Jiu Jitsu Academy
3. ATT Savage
4. Spartan Martial Arts
5. Ambition (they receive alot of disrespect.. but still come away with a good record in the local scene)

I feel these are the top teams that are doing things right, and make the most noise in MN.
Primetime

Re: Top 5 Camps in MN

Postby mikereilly » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:51 am

I think it is a very tough thing to classify - I think each person really needs to find the place that is right for them. Some people want the large group, structured classes and others need more one on one training. I think a lot of people have really done a great job in the last few years, Mankato MMA, Crystal, Impact, MTT, 10K Adrenaline. Many of these are small teams but they focus on the individuals and do a great job and they are growing all the time. No one place has all the answers. At Ambition we maintain an open door policy willing to work with, spar, drill, etc with anyone and everyone in hopes that the tide will raise all boats.
mikereilly

Postby DickPunch » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:14 pm

It is hard to argue against the Academy being numero uno due to the amount of fighters they have in the UFC.

ATT of Savage seems pretty good, but I went there a few months ago to train and their head trainer said I had to let him blow me first. I am not into dudes so I politely declined and have not been back since.
DickPunch

Postby Aasen » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:26 pm

I have noticed a gay theme with you punchy.....as I have explained many times before, it was a college thing and I was confused and experimenting. Beside it was your fault for wearing the hot outfit.
Aasen

Postby Aasen » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Dickpunch you have intrigued me and I offer you a six month membership to come down and train for free with the mma team.

Counte Dante style.
Aasen

Postby DickPunch » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:21 pm

Do you teach the death touch?
DickPunch

Postby mikereilly » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Eric - please let me know if he shows up for his free membership. And yea - I will teach you the death touch
mikereilly

Postby Aasen » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:16 am

Death touch is taught nightly, for we are a karate school.
Aasen

Postby FilthyMcSexy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:37 pm

DickPunch should rank the 5 worst MMA camps in MN.
FilthyMcSexy

Postby DustedBug » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:07 pm

I think there is one camp that nobody has listed yet, Minnesota School of Martial Arts. The home of the fight team "MN Militia"
DustedBug

Postby AJudge » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:53 pm

word
AJudge

Postby Tommyreardon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Ive been researching places to go for mma in MN as well and obviously the academy seems to have the best reputation but a steep $150 a month price tag which is fair but its alot to ask for people just getting into the sport.But on the plus side it appears that they have people there to train with most of the time and idk alot of other gyms that have that.the academy also has great trainers and connections if you are talented enough so the academy is a no brainer it would appear idk id still have to go check it out.
Tommyreardon

Postby Tommyreardon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Since mike is on the forum ive been researching ambition mma and they were team bison then they moved and got alot of fresh faces and popped out good guys like Brett roger,jeremy hamilton, and pat schilling. But either brett was kicked out for not training for his josh barnett fight or kicked out for beating his wife either way it was a good decision but then jeremy left im not sure were but pat is still there im pretty sure. Id only be worried cause i hear that sometimes there is noyone there to teach classes and you could show up and wait for hours before someyone comes to teach you or roll with you and sometimes its one of the students teaching and joey clark isnt as involved as he used to be. Im not trying to step on anyones toes but these are just rumors and since mike is on the forum id love to hear your side of the story. Oh and if you are running any deals like 30day free or anything feel free to let me know.
Tommyreardon

Postby Tommyreardon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:13 pm

trying to get responses by keeping this post at the top
Tommyreardon

Postby Tommyreardon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Pat schilling from ambiton mma has his first fight in the ufc on january 20th
Tommyreardon

Next

Return to Minnesota MMA News Talk