• The best place for Minnesota Mix Martial Arts news!
  • It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:17 am
www.mnmmanews.com

Kaitlin Young and Gamebred(507 Performance Enhancers)

Everything you ever wanted to know about Mixed Martial Arts in Minnesota...

Kaitlin Young and Gamebred(507 Performance Enhancers)

Postby TheBabyRhino » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:52 pm

The CFC had four fighters on Saturday night at the Hyatt so I was busy taping hands and cornering our guys, hence did not have the chance to watch anything but my own guys.

On Sunday though, we only had one fighter in the line up so I had a chance to observe not only the fights but the social dynamic of this fighting circuit and the players in it. This is quite a novelty for me, I usually don't go to a show unless we have at least three guys on it. So I never get an opportunity to mingle.

I noticed Kaitlin Young up at the 507 performance enhancers table, a.k.a. Gameinbreeders ha ha. And my guess is she was not there to buy shirt. I would double down that she was there to get a syringe from the roid twins. I don't know their names, so I will just call them Pete and repeat(She probably could have just gotten one from Sean Sherk, ba dum bum).

Kaitlin had even bigger traps than those two freaks and she didn't get them from carrying her own luggage at the airport.

Rumor has it that Kaitlin Young said I was a clown. She is 0-2 against this clown. So it is not a painted smile on my face :-)
TheBabyRhino

Re: Kaitlin Young and Gamebred(507 Performance Enhancers)

Postby KRY » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:53 pm

Why, thank you. I find steroid accusations to be quite complimentary.
KRY

Postby The BIG Hurt » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Naturally, everyone takes the accusations of the amateur fighter with a 7-5 record whose been in the game for 2 years very seriously. I'm sure this accusation isnt in retaliation to her calling you a clown at all, right? Maybe you should stop acting like one on these forums. Just when everyone is starting to get along around here some tool has to stir the pot. You've got some really good young fighters at your gym, but don't start thinking you're at the top of the mma food chain bro. Worry about getting your guys better not trying to bring others down, be an example. Shouldn't have to tell an older supposed team leader these things. Oh, and Matt Miller is the man, I have personally seen huge improvements with him, and wasn't "hoodwinked" at all. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone that was looking to get stronger and improve their conditioning. I also did not pay the amount you specified.
The BIG Hurt

Postby TheBabyRhino » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:13 am

Dear Big Hurt:
Thank you for replying to my post. I'm 7-4 actually, which I admit is not a stellar record but I am 47 competing against 20 year old trained fighters. There are not too many people my age who would even get in there. I give my team of great fighters the credit for inspiring me to try and do what they do. There are many managers and coaches who will send their guys in harm's way but won't run a risk themselves. The fact that I do has earned me a rapport, a bound with my team. And the Crystal fight club is much more than a business, this bound is like family.

I am glad you brought up Matt Miller, who in my experience is a man of questionable character and whose ethical or moral compass is more than just a bit off center. Crystal is not a rich community like Edina so I worked out a deal with Matt Miller that he would only charge the members of my team $25 a month. I only charge $75 a month and that is for an unlimited membership, i.e., we work on Muay Thai, boxing, jiu jitsu, wrestling etc with a very high level coaching staff. Matt Miller agreed to that, so I sent my whole team over there. As soon as they were all over there, he tried to convince them to leave the Crystal Fight Club because he wanted to start his own MMA team over there at Horsepower. My guys said they wanted to do MMA here but the circuit training there. He then told me that all of my students would be charged $75. Then he changed it again to $150 a month. I had a deal in writing with this guy, emails agreeing to the deal and he still changed it after the fact. I kept all these emails as proof of who he really is and would be more than happy to share them. I am glad you are getting what you expect at Horsepower, I didnt expect to be cheated by him, but was. In summary, our experience with Matt Miller was less than spectacular.
TheBabyRhino

Postby TheBabyRhino » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:31 am

Big Hurt wrote: "Just when everyone is starting to get along around here some tool has to stir the pot."

I failed to address this pointless statement. Why does everyone have to get along? If I wanted to get along with people and sing kumbaya I would join a support group or go to church. I did not get into MMA to make friends, I came here to fight people ha ha.
TheBabyRhino

Postby The BIG Hurt » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:37 pm

Obviously everyone doesn't HAVE to get along. However, martial arts are supposed to deal in respect and discipline. Being a professional is supposed to mean conducting yourself as such. Getting along doesn't mean people won't or can't fight eachother. There have been a lot of little issues turning into big issues between teams, promoters, and fighters in the last few years, and all it did was cause a lack of trust and respect to the point where fights that should've happened, did not. People get put in position where they have to choose sides, and I don't want to see that happen again because in the end it hurts us all. I want Minnesota MMA to thrive, if Crystal Fight Club sends someone to the big show, you can bet I'll be pulling for them. We all compete with each other, but on some level we should all work together to improve our situation as a whole. You come from wrestling, so do I. I wrestled guys, and had rivalries and all of that in high school, and we were able to get past that and train as teammates when we competed on the national team together, to try to prove that the best came from Minnesota. My disagreement with what you say about not trying to make friends is that you aren't calling out possible opponents or people that you could, or want to fight, you are making accusations against people who you cannot fight, or won't ever be fighting. Making accusations of drug use with no reason to other than someone called you a clown in defense of their friends. The bond you feel with your team is the same one I feel with mine, which is why I chose to chime in here. Kaitlin has been an outstanding teammate to me, and works her ass off to become a better fighter every single day. If you don't like her, that's fine, we're adults and she doesn't need me to come to her defense, but making the accusation that you did I felt it was hard not to be offended for my teammate. So I spoke up.
The BIG Hurt

Postby TheBabyRhino » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Hello Big Hurt:
This last note was very well written and you make some arguments that swayed me to your philosophy regarding respect and perhaps even to your position on Kaitlin Young. She cornered against me once and I wanted to shoot on her fighter at the weigh in ha ha. I saw her fight live before and thought if her student could kick even half as good as she did, I should probably get him to the ground at the first opportunity. An example of the respect that you talked about.

I was making an observation and when adding two and two may have come up with five ha ha. Truth is, I don't know her well enough to point a finger just as she does not know me well enough to call me a clown.

I noticed though in your rebuttal that you did not defend Horsepower. I was hoping that you would because their poor business ethics and shady treatment of my team are indefensible. You would be hard pressed to convince me that Matt Miller is a good guy. You may have seen the mask he wears, but I am an eyewitness to who he really is. I was 100% accurate about him, again, I kept the emails of how he breaks promises, and makes a deal and then does not stick to it.

Again thanks for responding.
TheBabyRhino

Postby TheBabyRhino » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 pm

It sounds like Born in the 507 turned out to be the classless turds I pegged them for:

"The clothing company was three months into a six-month agreement with MNMMANEWS.com when it pulled its ads."

I can do the math here...they did not fulfill their contract
TheBabyRhino

Postby TheBabyRhino » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:08 am

Cody from Gambred, thank you for proving me right in front of hundreds of people. Right about you on two things:

That you and gamebred are classless turds. Coming up behind my back while I am cornering my fighter at the cage?! Are you kidding me? Only an insecure d%#less neanderthal on a roid rage would pull a cowardly stunt like that..
TheBabyRhino

Postby calebdude » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:11 pm

All of this is kind of pointless, but its more fun than homework.
#1 Kaitlin has been an competitive athlete for probably over 10 years now, and choose to pursue her education in health and fitness. She is dedicated, knowledgeable and hard working. Everything a person would need to earn a physique like that.

#2 I think Gamebread is run by or affiliated with Bodybuilding as well as MMA, so if some of their guys take steroids (and I don't know them or if they do) who cares, that's what many body builders do.

#3 I would like to hear the other side of the story because your version does leave a bad impression of Horse Power and that is disappointing. Matt Miller has been a great guy to me. He has given me a lot of advice on getting certified, learning about Strength and Conditioning, opening up my own gym and anything else I've asked of him.

#4 I like you and the rest of your team. You have been the underdogs that surprised the non-believers and even crossed the line into favorites. Keep up with the good work in the gym and in the cage. Crystal Fight Club had modest beginnings and now they are a force to be reckoned with.
calebdude

Postby TheBabyRhino » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Yes Caleb Dude, depending on your major, this conversation is probably more entertaining then homework. Maybe you should change your major? Ha ha.

Kaitlin Young is someone I have grown to respect. I saw her up at the Gameinbreeders table once and thought I would lump her in with them. But I like to reserve criticism for the phonies who deserve it. Kaitlin is a fighter, she is loyal to her team and defends them with as much passion as she fights with. I wish I had her on my team ha ha.

Regarding Matt Miller/Horsepower: I imagine he would prefer not to respond to this because the emails that I have from him are time dated and certainly came from his email account and they can prove everything that I have claimed. I am sure he would rather I not post them..

And to the Gameinbreeders..Everything about them is phony. Feigned courage, fake Muscles, parading and kissing a woman with fake boobs, selling crappy knock off shirts. Their whole persona and outfit is vanity running amuck. We caught one of their 2 dollar imported shirts and wanted to throw it back in the cage like it was a homerun ball from the visiting team at a Twins game. But we were in General Admission, and could not throw it that far ha ha. So we we just stuck it under the seat for the janitor to do with as he wished..
TheBabyRhino

Postby calebdude » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:49 am

Well, I can't say that I find anything wrong with kissing girls with fake boobs, unless they are strippers or prostitutes... in which case you are clearly breaking the 'not on the lips' rule and will end up with a little lip trophy to show for your efforts.

507 Performance Enhancers would be a great name for a Strength and Conditioning facility in Southern Minnesota. If I ever find myself opening a gym in that area I will probably owe you some royalties.

Have you tried API? They might even be closer to your gym and they are pretty reasonable with their rates. Plus, they could use some more local exposure IMO. I'm sure you could negotiate a pretty good rate.

I was bummed to see Damian lose the way he did the other night, I hope this gets him to drop to 145 or if possible 135. Moret had a considerable size and strength advantage in that fight.
calebdude

Postby TheBabyRhino » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Hey Caleb dude:
I hope you are getting your homework done! ha ha. If I was single, and about 20 years younger, I might kiss a gal with fake boobs too. But not out in public like that, not on display. The vanity, the pretentiousness, the superficiality, and that they are paying for those titt$ and biceps from the sweat of 8 year olds in a clothing factory in a third world country...THE NERVE OF THOSE TWO! HA HA

Yea, me too. But that loss was not Damion's fault, that was on me. I am his coach and have done a good job I think with his catch wrestling and boxing. That is what I grew up with, that is what I know. I am still a student of Jiu Jitsu. We were hoping to keep that on the feet where his speed and head movement would give him the advantage. I should have gotten him prepared more on the defense to a RNC. And I didn't. I will add someone to his coaching staff that will connect the wrestling with the BJJ and he will be better than ever. He is only 20 years old, and has a very very bright future!
TheBabyRhino

Return to Minnesota MMA News Talk