• The best place for Minnesota Mix Martial Arts news!
  • It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:09 am
www.mnmmanews.com

125 RANKINGS

Everything you ever wanted to know about Mixed Martial Arts in Minnesota...

125 RANKINGS

Postby GNP » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:48 pm

they have womens rankings but not 125 rankings. 125 is in the UFC for fuck sakes why not in Minnesota rankings?? don't you think the website would be more legit if it had all the weights?? don't mean to rant but mnmmanews should get up to speed with everyone else and introduce 125 to the rankings. there is many talented fighters at that weight ex. Brandon Merkt, Bill Friday, Tony Belvedre, Kurt Erhorn, Lloyd McKinney, Mark Saincia, Javon Myles, Nate Williams I could keep going but im sure you get the point.
GNP

Re: 125 RANKINGS

Postby TheCorndog » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:36 pm

Their aren't enough 125 fights that go on around the state. Several of the guys you just named are very good fighters but wouldn't be able to be on the list since they haven't had a fight in the past year.
TheCorndog

Re: 125 RANKINGS

Postby mnmmanews » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:01 am

My voters often don't fill out a full list of women, 205ers or heavyweights ... so I'd prefer if they didn't have another class that they struggled to fill out completely.

Corndog is dead-on. That's why we've held off on doing 125 to this point. It gets closer and closer, but still not there yet. Once I can name 10 125ers who are worthy of being ranked, I have no problem adding the class.

Like Corndog said ... you named only eight 125ers yourself ... and Lloyd McKinney, Brandon Merkt, Tony Belvedere and Jovon Myles are inactive. ... Also, Jovon Myles is 2-5 ... and you would like him ranked? Bill Friday will be considered inactive in February, and as far as I know he's not fighting any more.

So, your list is two fighters long. Mark Sainci (1-0) and Kurt Ehrhorn (4-4).

I would add Mitch White and Jake Schommer to that list as worthy 125ers. But we're still way short.

Like I said, it will come some day. Just not established enough yet.
mnmmanews
Site Admin

Return to Minnesota MMA News Talk