• The best place for Minnesota Mix Martial Arts news!
  • It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:45 am
www.mnmmanews.com

Awards

Everything you ever wanted to know about Mixed Martial Arts in Minnesota...

Awards

Postby mnmmanews » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Normally, I'm not one to rant on here ...

But awards were a bit of a joke this year. Fighters tell me they love them and it means something to them. But not enough, I guess.

At least one award will be left vacant this year because NOBODY took the 10 minutes (max) it takes to write up a proper nomination.

Fighters, promoters, matchmakers, managers, coaches ... they all slacked this year. It's a bit embarrassing really.

Thanks to the few people who did send in proper nominations (note, those of you who TEXTED nominations...those were not counted, as per the rules...there was a format to follow and simply saying "Joe Blow should get KO of the year" wasn't it.)

Only one promotion sent in nominations for its show, Driller. Yeah, I hate to make it the Driller awards, but I am left with little choice... Have a sweet knockout or submission on another show? Well, chances are your promoter didn't bother nominating you.

The good news is a few coaches and managers did send in stuff from other shows, so it won't be a driller sweep.

Anyway, that's my rant. Serenity now!!!! It is what it is ... was just a bit frustrating this year.

So...tickets. I have tickets for the big show at Epic on Saturday. I'll do a contest or two this week to give away a few pairs!!! Watch for the alert.

Lots coming this week!

In the meantime ... talk about awards amongst yourselves :-)
mnmmanews
Site Admin

Re: Awards

Postby TheCorndog » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:20 pm

With the loss of CFX and Brutal their aren't a lot of promotions putting on regular shows anywhere, or maybe that's just the way it seems to me. Driller has clearly taken over in the cities and a lot of the guys up their don't see a reason to fight any where else, everybody likes fighting close to home. So doesn't it just make since that most of the awards would go to them? That being said I think Nick Palmer deserves KO of the year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDa_5SwmXfI
TheCorndog

Postby mnmmanews » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:14 pm

I think you're missing the point...

Wanna take a swing at how many promotions not named Driller ran shows in Minnesota this year???

10! Yes, ten!! Fearless Fighting Championships, Full Nelson Promotions, Shine, GenX, King of the Cage, CFX, Savage Entertainment, Valhalla Cagefighting, Brutaal and Iron Works/3 River Throwdown.

I received zero "legal" total nominations from those 10 promotions (luckily a few coaches or managers sent in at least one nomination from a non-Driller show).

Makes it kind of tough not to become a Driller-fest.

The other rant ...

My question to all fighters is...did you sit down and take the time to write out a nomination for your coach???

I'll answer for you. No.

I've completed my review of nominations, and awards will be posting shortly. Two categories will be left blank. It's sad either way.

But like I said, maybe it's not a big deal to people. And I can understand that.
mnmmanews
Site Admin

Postby InspirationMMA » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:09 pm

NICK PALMER FOR KO OF THE YEAR!!!!

I wish people took this more seriously as well, I sent in a nomination for a NON DRILLER fight! KO of the Year! Nick "The Inspiration" Palmer!!!!

#TeamLuxury
InspirationMMA

Postby mnmmanews » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:16 pm

From the original post ...

"The good news is a few coaches and managers did send in stuff from other shows, so it won't be a driller sweep."

Luckily, a few people did send in stuff. Not enough though. First batch of awards will be announced tonight.
mnmmanews
Site Admin

Postby DIVA » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:42 pm

1. why is Nick Palmer going 3rd person on this forum.

2. on behalf of all fighters in MN, we should have threw in more votes
DIVA

Postby InspirationMMA » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:55 pm

-Should have made a signature.... this is one of Nick's Managers!
InspirationMMA

Postby mnmmanews » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:00 pm

Yeah, Palmer is so big time, he's got a management team...

:lol:

BURN

Love you Nick
mnmmanews
Site Admin

Postby InspirationMMA » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:31 pm

Can't wait to meet and work with you this year!

-Ryan

InspirationMMA

Return to Minnesota MMA News Talk