• The best place for Minnesota Mix Martial Arts news!
  • It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:46 am
www.mnmmanews.com

SHINE question

Everything you ever wanted to know about Mixed Martial Arts in Minnesota...

SHINE question

Postby CoolEthan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Sorry, Im new to this forum (posting anyway, feels like first time caller longtime listener lol), but I had a question.

My buddy J (don't want to out him) is fighting for Shine this weekend. He said they snuck a 180 day no compete hold in their contracts. So it says they cant fight for any other promotion from 6 months after they sign the bout agreement. They didnt tell anyone this, just snuck it in the bout agreemetn

My question is do other promotions do this? Is it standard? Maybe Im off base. But that seems very dirty. my buddy refused to sign it. Im glad he didnt because he'd be signing his life over to Shine for 6 months

Why would shine do this to amateurs or pros even other than to control their careers? especially just sneaking it in a bout agreemetn, all the sudden shine owns you for 6 months.
CoolEthan

Re: SHINE question

Postby PeterOakes » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:03 pm

I watched their stream, only the fights managed to be worse then the stream quality wise. I feel sorry for anyone who gets stuck there, was there seriously only 4 fights?
PeterOakes

Postby CoolEthan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:57 am

Crap man, I did not mean to start a war. I was really just asking. I wasnt trying to be a dick.

I saw shine's post about me on facebook before they took it down lol. Im famous! Maybe 'sneak' was the wrong word. But I think putting 180 day exclusive deal in an amatuer's contract is BS. Its just my opinion. I was just asking if this was normal. Crickets, anybody? If a pro signs that deal, its on him. But a amatuer? seems like amatuers get contracts to sign at weigh ins a lot, so seemed like shine was trying to trick some amatuers into signing without reading. again, my opinon. i could be way off. If this is normal, let me know and I will shut up.

PeterOakes chill out dude. You just on here to disrespect people?

they had 6 fights. Thats bad enough. I would guess once fighters heard about the six-month deal required to fight for shine, some bailed. Dont know that, just guessing.

Other than the 180 deal they put in contracts, my big issue with this show was 2 fights.

9-0 Tahtnen vs. 1-3 Ferraro. How on god's green earth does that get approved by the commisson? Ferraro just lost to Ronchi!

Even worse - Rocco Magg vs. an 0-0 dude with 0 amatuer or prof fights. Rocco has had like 15 fights and 8 pro fights. Did you see the dude he fought? He did not even know what mma was. That was so dangerous. How does that get approved? Maybe the worst approval of a mn mma fight in history of commission??

I would love someone from commission to explain those two, esp last one. Please! Anybody from commission on here? A guy with no training, no fights, vs dude with 15 fights. I heard the kid didnt bring a cup. Did you see his stance?

Damn, sorry, my rant for the day.

whats funny is i think shine will turn it around. if they kill the 180 deal! brock usually isnt involved with such shady poeople, so i hope for him it turns around.

speaking of, GO BROCK! Bring the belt back to mn!
CoolEthan

Postby Balsak T. Baghar » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:11 am

The dude Maggiore fought was eating chicken mcnuggets and drinking a monster before the fights started.... Supposedly that dude banged maggiore's baby moms and split the two up so I guess it was a grudge match.
Balsak T. Baghar

Postby TheCorndog » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:06 am

The 180 day thing has been in his contracts for a while. It's not something that they try to sneak in, it was in their when I fought for Brock for CFX. It is less then a 2 page contract and you clearly read it. If you don't like something in your contract you are the fighter you can ask them to remove it or you can fight somewhere else. They had no problem removing it when I fought for them im sure they would do the same with any fighter who asked for it to be removed.
TheCorndog

Postby CoolEthan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:14 am

Cool, thanks Corndog. That's all i was asking.

I would never sign that and wont when i start fighting this summer :) By bud pulled of the show anyway.

Seems dumb and dirty to me. like to me no fighter is signing that so i feel like they put it in hoping some fighter wont notice it then theyve got em roped for six months.

But again thanks Corndog. I didnt mean to start a battle. I was asking how common it was.
CoolEthan

Return to Minnesota MMA News Talk