• The best place for Minnesota Mix Martial Arts news!
  • It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:15 am
www.mnmmanews.com

savage fight

Everything you ever wanted to know about Mixed Martial Arts in Minnesota...

savage fight

Postby Johnny rotten » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Boy local mma has really gotten sad. 10 fights, 8 first round stoppages the other 2 second round. How many times can you throw Bruce Johnson and Ryan stock on the card. For the life of me i can't understand why they keep having these low level bum fights.
Johnny rotten

Re: savage fight

Postby CoolEthan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Why we gotta just rip people? Lets talk about the good shit too.

Stock is a warrior. Bruce brings it to.

But yea, I would not spend a dime on a ticket there. they didnt have one good fight on the card sad. To each his own. If people want to spend money there cool with me.

Can we talk about good fights coming up?

I see FFC is back. Couple solid fights as well.
CoolEthan

Postby TheCorndog » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:47 pm

Can you give me the name of a local promotion who hasn't had shows with journeyman fighters and a card that went quick. Fighters like Bruce and Ryan are guys that will fight anybody at any time. They are the people you call when nobody else wants to fight a guy. Im sure if you look back in the UFC's history you will find several cards where a large majority of the fights ended in the first round.
TheCorndog

Postby Johnny rotten » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:17 pm

you're right, I really didn't mean to diss Bruce and Ryan. there is a place in the sport for competitors like that at every level.
Johnny rotten

Postby mrogorman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:03 pm

So, you're saying that since I fought on this card, and sub'd my guy in the first round, that I'm a "low life bum fighter"? Is this what you're trying to say, or do you not have any perception on what you say and how it comes across?
mrogorman

Postby Johnny rotten » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:12 pm

don't go getting all butthurt, I said they were low level fights not fighters one fighter could be just that much better than the other one. but if you want my opinion two amateurs fighting on a low level local card, with one of the amateurs getting subbed in the first round. is a low-level bum fight, I probably fight harder to get out of bed in the morning in that guy you fought. but anyways congratulations on that tough win you're on your way big shooter.
Johnny rotten

Postby CoolEthan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:48 pm

I think Rotten just didnt phrase stuff right. I get what he is saying. I mean that pro card had damn near every journeymen in the midwest on it. To me it is whatever. If people want to pay for that , more power to them. That is their thing. I would not pay for it. Or go for free lol

But yea every promo has used journeyman as a late fillin. But this did seem like more than a normal show

shit I see a few driller cards are loaded with "those types" of fighters coming up. Even the best promo in the state is not above it I guess.
CoolEthan

Postby Balsak T. Baghar » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:18 am

I haven't been to a Savage show since they were using Fafia guys as sacrificial lambs.
Balsak T. Baghar

Postby mrogorman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:31 am

3 rivers throw down had 15 fights with only 3 making it out of the first round...how would that be any better show than savage? I personally think it's great that everyone gets an opportunity.
mrogorman

Return to Minnesota MMA News Talk