|LeVesseur gets the call from UFC|
|Written by Ben Pherson|
|Tuesday, 24 April 2012 11:18|
Minnesota's Marcus "The Prospect" LeVesseur is UFC bound.
MMAJunkie.com announced today that LeVesseur has taken a short-notice fight against Cody McKenzie during UFC on Fuel 3, which will take place May 15 at the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Va.
LeVesseur, who was an undefeated four-time national champion at Augsburg College, steps in for Aaron Riley.
The 155-pound standout currently is 23-5 and ranked No. 3 in Minnesota at 155 pounds. He is coming off of three straight impressive wins, including two against UFC veterans (Brian Geraghty and Dan Sayers). However, LeVesseur has been out of action since last August.
McKenzie was on the 12th season of "The Ultimate Fighter," but he's lost two straight fights and likely needs a win over LeVesseur to stay in the UFC.
LeVesseur has reportedly signed a four-fight deal with the organization, though UFC contracts can be terminated at any time.
For a complete writeup on the LeVesseur signing, check out this link.
Today's Minnesota MMA News
- Minnesota well-represented on Friday's Bellator 126 in Arizona
- Butler faces biggest Bellator test yet
- Wolverine squaring off against Garness in main event of 3 River Throwdown VI
- No Mercy III ready to go off Saturday night in Detroit Lakes
- On big stage, Castaneda plans to show first meeting with Brown was a 'fluke'